This post is eveeeeeeeerything
Sir Nicholas Winton is a humanitarian who organized a rescue operation that saved the lives of 669 Jewish Czechoslovakia children from Nazi death camps, and brought them to the safety of Great Britain between the years 1938-1939.
After the war, his efforts remained unknown. But in 1988, Winton’s wife Grete found the scrapbook from 1939 with the complete list of children’s names and photos. Sir Nicholas Winton is sitting in an audience of Jewish Czechoslovakian people who he saved 50 years before.
This post gained more than 100,000 notes in over a day. One of the most powerful things I ever posted.
Literally crying. Some of these people could be my relatives
1990s Kids Guide to the Internet
Here’s the video, originally posted on EverythingIsTerrible.com
MICHAEL. MIC HAELL LL MI CHAEL
WHERE DO YOU THINK I GOT IT FROM
I’m not one for Halloween decorations, but my mom did the best ones this year.
peaceful times before the skeleton war
- Do not forget Michael Brown
- Do not forget how the media dehumanized him and tried to justify his murder
- Do not forget how peaceful protests were painted as savage riots
- Do not forget police armed with military grade weapons terrorized and arrested black civilians
- Do not forget Darren Wilson being awarded over $200,000 in fundraiser donations for murdering an unarmed black child
- Do not forget that this system was not built to defend us, but to control us
- Do not forget Ferguson